Thursday 25 October 2012

Eugene Altget

His work 
Altget is another photographer like Basilico that took pictures of street with great shape and character. I am researching him because of the way that he shows the streets as stories and how the vintage aesthetic he shows helps his photographs.
Atget often took photograph's like this one above with a tree in the centre of the image. This is done to his images because, by having the tree in the centre of the image Atget has shown mother natures beauty and behind therefore being inferior to it is our man made beauty. This is a very front on way of showing his message but works really well. You can see all over the image that here is a sepia aged affect to it. This effect is one which I would like to do to my images with toner in the darkroom. By doing this I will send the message that although everything else ages beauty does not.  

This image is of part of Atget's work in the way that he shows streets. You can see that the path follows the signature S of the normal landscape photographer. This say that this is his great hills and valley's and they are beautiful too. By shooting this in Black and White I will also show in my images that I want to show my landscape as the greats did such as Ansel Adams and make my world which has changed to his and show it beauty. 

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment