Wednesday 3 October 2012

35mm Technique

35mm Technique

What is it?
The technique that I will be investigating is using a 35mm film in a medium format camera, in this case I will be using a square format camera. The effect of doing this is that apart from just a small piece of the film being exposed, you instead expose the whole piece of the film. This creates the  vintage look of experimentation which was the thing to be doing in the 60's. 

Today's Practitioners
Even in this modern day of digital photographs being shot every1/4000 of a second to create a high hit rate there is still very large market for these technique. One big place to website where this community of people share their experiments is www.squarefrog.com. This is also the place where I have found various other techniques to use. Link displayed on side bar. 

This image is a great example of the process that I will be doing on another camera. Unfortunately I will be doing my images in Black and White as that is the only film that i can process by myself. But the effect of the hole of the film will not be compromised due to the shooting process to be the same. this image is most certainly enhanced by this process by giving a unspoiled view but the holes in the film keep the photo as not a mirror image but as a piece of art.  



Technique Plan 
When trying out this technique I will be trying to capture moments that are often missed when just walking around as I find that this subject is very vintage. In the case Henry Cartier Bresson capturing moment was his forte and these images make a great pieces of vintage art and technique.       

No comments:

Post a Comment