Friday 26 October 2012

Burning Negative Plan

Aim:
The aim of this is to progress in the process of burning a negative and printing it in the darkroom to give  the original image a sign of my style. At the end of this I wish to have a portrait which has been distorted in a way which give a serial affect and puts the viewer on edge.

Equipment:
For this process I will be using the following equipment because of the reasons stated:
1. A Portrait negative- I wish to use a portrait as, people are the most thing people see and by distorting a          person you give the reality a surprise of difference for the viewer to see.
2. Lighter- A lighter is the best way to burn a negative as it is flame but its height can be adjusted for different affects, it also can be left on for a long period of time makes the negative burn longer distorting it further.
3. Assistant- By having someone else to hold the negative tight I can burn the negative much more to the way that I would like the effect. Also by having the assistant I can stretch the negative slowly to distort the effect.

The Affect:
For this I would like to explore on a part of this technique which I discovered the last time I visited it. This was that when heating the negative slowly you could stretch it and elongate the face of the portrait making them look like a demon. With my first try I did not want to go to far into it as I wanted to find all of its aspects that I could revisit if i enjoyed them. This was my favorite of them all and i wish to try it today.

Darkroom:
In the darkroom I will treat this as a normal photograph trying to get a corrects exposure with a perfect white and black within it. I also would like to get a high contrast in the image as it will create high drama within the image making the distortion more apparent and strong to the viewer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment