Sunday 4 November 2012

The Chemigram

Introduction
The chemigram is the name given to the process of painting with fix. This is done before the paper has been exposed the light under the enlarger. This means that you stop the paper from developing while to go through the process as normal afterwards.

Attributes
By doing this process I cannot really see any real good use for it within normal darkroom printing apart from drawing with the fix on the paper and then over exposing it. By doing this your image will be white and very easy to see on the paper.

My Examples
 Below is an example of the chemigram and how the effects of painting with fix can be shown
 I created this image to see what could be achieved by the process as I have never heard of it before. I feel that this image really shows a dramatic a different approach to creating images without a camera but still have the same dramatic and engaging feel .

Next
With my forth coming film images I would like to tray doing this but with developer and see what would happen to the image. By doing this i hope to create another vintage aesthetic to my images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment