Sunday 11 November 2012

Acrylic Transfer

Introduction 
As I said earlier on this blog, that I wanted to to revisit this technique for my finals. By doing this I can see which technique i have tried would best bring a vintage effect to it.



  This first image is is one with a very simple colour affect, this is similar to sepia toner in the darkroom. I prefer doing it like this as you can get the good texture of the paper beneath it. By doing this I also give the image a aged faded look to it, this sticks to the vintage theme.
This piece is one of an experiment for me, i have never tried putting two colours together in this technique. When looking at this piece you can see that the juxtaposition between the two is very noticeable. But this can be used to the images advantage  as you can single out pieces of the image to draw the viewers eye. 
With this last image I wanted to give a physical aged affect by rubbing too hard in certain places to actually take away particular pieces of the image. By doing this I leave ministry for the viewer and let them think what it could be. By doing this it makes the image stick in the viewer head and this is what I want to to so i can show my message.

Conclusion
Out of these three individual spins off's of transfers, i feel the the sepia/ brown colour works the best with my images as it does give an aged and vintage look it any image. By using this I can get the most out of my image as  it does not hide any piece of the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment