Monday 12 November 2012

Final Evaluation

Into
These images below are what i would like to use for my digital finals for this project due to them  being coherent with each other and keep with the vintage theme. I will also be printing a darkroom images as this is an older technique and works well with my theme and is a vintage technique.


I chose this first image because of its uncertainty within the content, images like this keep the viewer looking around the frame to find some common ground with it. This gives the viewer less to look at, but it also keeps the image simple and easier to remember in their minds. This is also a good example of putting my own twist on urban space, i have chosen to do this at night because I really think that low key lighting situations are more dramatic in their content.


This second image is one which I have edited within Photoshop with the Sepia technique which I showed earlier. This image is very strong in the foreground straight through to the back as its lines and content keep the viewer interested. I really like the way the wall from left to right keeps you bouncing off it from other parts of the frame but is not to hard on the eye. By adding the sepia tone I have given the photo an aged look.

This last image is produced in the darkroom because I feel that it was the best way to display the aesthetics of this image. In the darkroom you can capture texture very well, this image has a wide range of texture and they hold within them perfect whites and blacks. When scanning this into the computer I would loose all of this. If i was to loose it my image would be very flat, therefore not having as big of an impact on the viewer.

The Project as a Whole:
I have not enjoyed this project as much as I would have liked to, this is because it had a lot of potential for me to go all out on my style and really capture some good images. But due to there being trips and other distractions I did  not get fully into the project and the images are just mediocre. So the images selected to me are the best of a bad bunch.

Improvements:
I feel that in my nest project there is a list that i could work better on, by doing these in my next project I hope to get a better grade and improve my professional development.
1. Use of my Book- In my next project I hope to use a book instead of a blog as this allows me to present my work in a more professional state. It will also cut out all temptations to go on other site such a Facebook.
2. Selecting a Theme- In this project I was late about deciding what theme I was going to base my workings on. So in my next project I will decide quickly and run with it and therefore i will create more in depth images.



No comments:

Post a Comment